Blink 500 Pro B5 - Usbc
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Blink 500 vs Blink 500 Pro
With a slew of pro-level features, the Blink 500 Pro appeals to the needs of power users around the globe. Though it shares the same 2.4 GHz operating frequency and miniscule physicality as standard Blink 500, the Blink 500 Pro is packed with surprising enhancements.
- 60% longer battery life
- Double the operating range
- Dual-purpose charging/carry case
- Crisp, informative OLED screens
- Dedicated 3.5mm headphone output on receiver
- Selectable mono or stereo receiver output mode
- 3.5mm transmitter input accepts mic- or line-level signal
- Tactile transmitter mute function
- Increased signal-to-noise ratio
- Elevated sensitivity for the transmitter's built-in microphone
- Furry windscreen for transmitter, ideal for outdoor use
Unpacking the Blink 500 Pro B5
- Use the ultracompact clip-on transmitter as a true wireless microphone with its built-in mic element, or as a bodypack transmitter with its supplied clip-on lavalier microphone.
- The ultracompact dual-channel receiver plugs directly into your device's USB Type-C port, letting it work seamlessly with your Android smartphone/tablet, iPad Pro, iPad Air, or computer outfitted with a USB Type-C port—no batteries, cables, or clips required.
- Simply plug in the receiver and power on the transmitter to access reliable wireless audio functionality in an instant.
- Drop the transmitter in the supplied fast-charging case to conveniently recharge its internal battery and view real-time charging status on its OLED screen.
Connect, Power, and Go
- With the receiver and transmitter easily paired in one click, the Blink 500 Pro system is comfortably easy to use for anyone, anywhere. Videographers, vloggers, YouTubers, and mobile journalists will benefit from the Blink 500 Pro's power-and-go operating style.
- Advanced technology invisibly handles the complicated tasks such as switching channels to avoid dropouts, leaving you with a streamlined and simple system that requires no tedious manual configuration.
- Blink 500 Pro systems utilize 24-bit / 44.1 kHz resolution—the same audio standard used worldwide by sound engineers—to give you quality sound at a budget-friendly price point.
- Compared to the built-in microphones on cameras and mobile devices, Blink 500 Pro systems offer considerably improved fidelity and clarity with less noise.
- Since your subjects may speak at very different volumes, Saramonic outfitted the Blink 500 Pro TX with dedicated gain buttons to allow quick and effortless adjustment of the signal level. Utilize the tactile mute function to cut the signal in a hurry without having to adjust the volume.
- With a separate 3.5mm headphone port, the Blink 500 Pro RXUC can simultaneously drive headphones for quick monitor checks and troubleshooting.
- The receiver features a selectable mono/stereo output mode, allowing it to appropriately feed signal from one transmitter into both input channels of your device (via mono mode) or from two transmitters into separate input channels of your device (via stereo mode).
- By connecting directly to your device's USB Type-C port, the Blink 500 Pro RXUC avoids unnecessary D/A and A/D conversion to maintain the integrity of the digital signal from your transmitter all the way to your recording device. It sends digital signal to your USB Type-C device at 16-bit / 48 kHz.
Perfect for 1- or 2-Person Shoots
- Since the Blink 500 Pro RXUC is a dual-channel receiver, it can simultaneously handle two Blink 500 Pro TX wireless transmitters (second transmitter available separately). If you need to expand beyond that, you can use up to 18 Blink 500 Pro systems at once to accommodate up to 36 wireless microphones.
- Each Blink 500 Pro system can include one dual-channel receiver and up to two transmitters. Choose from camera-mount (Blink 500 Pro RX), Lightning (Blink 500 Pro RXDi), or USB Type-C (Blink 500 Pro RXUC) receivers.
Built-In Microphone for True Wireless Operation
- The Blink 500 Pro TX features a built-in miniature condenser microphone with an omni pickup pattern that captures clear and natural voice tonality. Thanks to the transmitter's ultracompact housing, you can clip it to clothing, slide it into a shirt pocket, place it on a podium, or hold it in your hand. Compared to the built-in mic on the standard Blink 500 TX, the Pro's built-in mic offers higher sensitivity to produce a stronger signal level.
- The transmitter's 3.5mm input can accept mic- or line-line signal, making it fully capable of accommodating a variety of external sources such as a lavalier microphone or an audio feed from a mixer or receiver.
Lavalier Microphone Included
- For maximum visual discretion, use the Blink 500 Pro TX as traditional bodypack transmitter with the supplied lavalier microphone. Just clip the omni lav mic to a collar or lapel, then plug it into the transmitter's 3.5mm input; the transmitter automatically switches to the external microphone so you don't have to bother selecting the input source.
- The lavalier mic includes a foam windscreen that lessens noise caused by light wind, breaths, and air conditioning systems. For enhanced reduction of stronger wind noise, a separately available furry windshield (a.k.a. windjammer) such as the Saramonic LM-WS can be fitted to the microphone.
Stable and Simple 2.4 GHz Digital Wireless
- Whereas typical analog wireless systems are susceptible to interference from TV and radio waves, the Blink 500 Pro digital system avoids that by operating in the 2.4 GHz band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems.
- Within the 2.4 GHz spectrum, the Blink 500 Pro boasts automatic channel hopping to mitigate noise and dropouts at a line-of-sight distance of up to 328 feet, double the maximum distance of the standard Blink 500. For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi / 2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.
Ready for Anywhere
- Don’t be concerned about licensing or selecting frequencies; the Blink 500 Pro system uses the license-free 2.4 GHz band, so you can go anywhere in the world and have a reliable, fully functional wireless system.
The Blink 500 Pro transmitter is outfitted with a high-contrast 128 x 64 pixel OLED screen, ensuring consistent visibility of import settings indoors and outside.
- Transmitter Screen: Battery meter, signal strength, real-time audio display, and more
- Receiver Screen: Battery meters for receiver and up to two transmitters, signal strength, output mode, and more
- Lightweight, ultracompact housings
- Slim plug-in receiver won't interfere with the operation of a gimbal
- USB Type-C male connector plugs directly into your device's USB Type-C port
- Internal 8-hour lithium-ion battery (in the transmitter) keeps you going on extra-long shoots or multiple run-and-gun gigs in a day
- Micro-USB connectivity on the transmitter for battery recharging and long-term powering
- USB Type-C port on charging case for simple power connection
- Rechargeable¿2000mAh internal battery in the charging case allows you to charge your system anywhere
- Use up to two transmitters with each receiver
- Operate up to 18 systems simultaneously in the same environment